Zoning Enforcement Officer
The Town of Cape Vincent Zoning Officer, Cody Higgins, is responsible for the issuance of all zoning permits. He can assist you with applications and information regarding the zoning laws, the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals. The fee schedule for the Town of Cape Vincent Zoning and Planning are as follows:
- Variances – $100.00 plus any additional legal fees.
- Minor Subdivisions – $150.00 per lot plus any additional legal fees.
- Major Subdivision – $200.00 plus any additional legal fees.
- Site Plan Review – $250.00 plus the board has the right to establish a discretionary fund based upon the nature of the project.
- Lot line shift – $75.00
- Wind Energy Conversion System up to and including 100KW – $50.00 per KW
- Wind Energy Conversion System greater than 100KW – $10,000.00 for each generating device
- Meterorological tower permits – $2,500.00 per year per tower for a maximum of 3 years
- Solar Project – $50.00 minimum or $10.00 per KW whichever is greater
- Sign Permit – $50.00
- Zoning Permits:
- $25.00 – Decks and also buildings or storage sheds less than 500sq. ft.
- $50.00 – Garages and buildings or storage sheds or other structures greater than 500sq. ft. Also additions to existing structures.
- $75.00 – Mobile homes – single wide.
- $100.00 – Mobile homes-double wide, and all other homes such as modular and stick built.
- $200.00 – Special meetings requested by applicant
**If a zoning permit is applied for after building has already been erected an administrative fine equal to the fee will be imposed.
The Zoning Officer can be reached at (315) 654-3795 x7 and his office hours are Fridays from 8am until 12 noon or by appointment.